The DDB-BN22 is a complete wall-mounted Dante audio network interface. It
features two XLR mic or line inputs and two XLR mic or line outputs on the front
panels. Special software is not required to configure the DDB-BN22. Each XLR input
provides three switches that may be set from the front of the unit when the cover
plate is not installed. One switch enables or disables P48 phantom; the second
switch selects the mic or line gain range; the third switch sets the gain. Each XLR
output provides a switch to set the output to balanced professional line level or
mic level. The DDB-BN22 fits a standard US dual-gang electrical box or an RDL WB-2
back box for installations in thinner European or equivalent walls. The DDB-BN22 is
PoE powered, and is available in multiple finishes with optional customized
The two XLR inputs are each converted to a separate Dante network transmit
channel. Three gain settings are switch-selectable for both the mic and line input
ranges to match condenser or dynamic mic levels and standard line levels.
Two Dante audio channels are converted to balanced line level on front-panel XLR
jacks. Each output provides +4 dBu balanced for a network digital audio level of -20
dBFS. Each output is equipped with a selector to set the output to line level or
attenuate the output by 50 dB to mic level. These switches are located on the top of
the chassis and are set by the installer prior to mounting the unit.
Valid PoE power and synchronization to the Dante network are indicated by green
LEDs visible from the front of the unit.
The DDB-BN22 is a professional grade product with discrete mic preamplifiers for
studio quality fidelity and low noise performance, coupled through metal XLR jacks
housed in a stainless steel chassis with dual powder-coated or stainless steel
Decora front plates.
The DDB-BN22’s superior performance specifications make it ideally suited
to the most demanding installations, and an exceptional value in commercial
networked audio systems. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured
in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Designed to outperform.
Built to last.
- Dante Network Interface for Two Audio Inputs and Two Audio Outputs
- Inputs and Outputs on XLR Jacks on front panels
- Converts Two Standard Mic or Line Audio Sources to Dante Network Channels
- Converts Two Dante Network Audio Signals to Mic or Line Level
- Special Software Not Required for Module Setup
- Each Input is Switch Selectable for Mic or Line
- Switch-Selectable Mic Gain: 40 dB, 48 dB or 62 dB
- Switch-Selectable 48 V Mic Phantom (P48)
- Switch-Selectable Line Gain: Unity, 12 dB or 19 dB
- Each Output is Switch Selectable for Mic or Line
- Studio Quality, Low-Noise Performance
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance