The DD-BN2ML is a complete wall-mounted Dante audio network interface. Itfeatures
one XLR mic or line input and one mono-summed Mini-jack line input on the front
panels, plus two line outputs on a rear-panel detachable terminal block. Special
software is not required to configure the DD-BN2ML. The XLR input provides three
switches that may be set from the front of the unit when the cover plate is not
installed. One switch enables or disables P48 phantom; the second switch selects the
mic or line gain range; the third switch sets the gain. The Mini-jack input accepts
mono or stereo unbalanced line-level sources that are summed to mono. Each rear-
panel output provides a switch to set the output to balanced professional or
unbalanced consumer level. The DD-BN2ML fits a standard US dual-gang electrical box
or an RDL WB-2 back box for installations in thinner European or equivalent walls.
The DD-BN2ML is PoE powered, and is available in multiple finishes with optional
The XLR input is converted to feed one Dante network transmit channel. Three gain
settings are switch-selectable for both the mic and line input ranges to match
condenser or dynamic mic levels and standard line levels.
The Mini-jack left and right inputs are summed to mono to feed one Dante network
transmit channel. This input provides a network digital audio level of -20 dBFS for
an unbalanced -10 dBV input.
Two Dante audio channels are converted to balanced line level on the rear-panel
detachable terminal block. Each output provides +4 dBu balanced for a network
digital audio level of -20 dBFS. Each output is equipped with a selector to
unbalance the audio and attenuate the level to -10 dBV. These switches are located
on the top of the chassis and are set by the installer prior to mounting the unit.
The rear-panel outputs are intended for connection to RDL AMS connectors mounted
in Decora-style plates that match the DD-BN2ML. AMS audio connectors include RCA,
Mini and XLR jacks. The output plate may be located together with the DD-BN2ML in a
triple gang box or may be mounted remotely in a single box.
Valid PoE power and synchronization to the Dante network are indicated by green
LEDs visible from the front of the unit.
The DD-BN2ML is a professional grade product with a discrete mic preamplifier for
studio quality fidelity and low noise performance, coupled through a metal XLR jack
housed in a stainless steel chassis with dual powder-coated or stainless steel
Decora front plates.
The DD-BN2ML’s superior performance specifications make it ideally suited
to the most demanding installations, and an exceptional value in commercial
networked audio systems. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured
in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Designed to outperform.
Built to last.
- Dante Network Interface for Two Audio Inputs and Two Audio Outputs
- XLR and Mini-jack Front-Panel Inputs; Outputs on Rear-Panel Terminal Block
- Converts One Mic or Line and One Consumer Line Audio Source to Dante Network
- Converts Two Dante Network Audio Signals to Line Level
- Special Software Not Required for Module Setup
- XLR Input is Switch Selectable for Mic or Line
- Switch-Selectable Mic Gain: 40 dB, 48 dB or 62 dB
- Switch-Selectable 48 V Mic Phantom (P48)
- Switch-Selectable Line Gain: Unity, 12 dB or 19 dB
- Mini-jack -10 dBV Input is Summed to Mono
- Each Output is Switch Selectable for Balanced +4 dBu or Unbalanced -10 dBV
- Studio Quality, Low-Noise Performance
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance