The ne4800 from Ashly is a 4 input, 8 output network enabled digital signal
processors that offers ease of use, setup and control using standard 10/100 Ethernet
protocol and Protea NE software. No special outboard control units are needed. The
DSP signal processing library is extensive and utilizes multiple SHARC processors.
Processing blocks include an 8 x 8 matrix mixer, a full complement of variable Q
graphic and parametric EQ, up to 8th-order Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz, and
Notched-Linkwitz crossover filters, and an advanced automatic feedback suppressor.
Also included are autolevelers, compressors, matrix duckers, limiters, frequency-
keyed noise gates, time delay up to 1365ms on every channel, sinewave, pink noise
and white noise generators.
All programming is accomplished using Ethernet or RS-232 protocol and the Protea
NE software running under Windows. Hot-plug software control allows for plugging any
function into any channel block even when running live audio with no latency or
recompiling necessary. Automatic DHCP network IP configuration reduces network set
up time. No front panel controls and multi-level software security with password
access assures a tamper-proof audio system.
- 4 x 8 audio processor for networked systems with 10/100 Ethernet and an RS-232
- Easy and intuitive user interface
- 24-bit A/D and D/A audio resolution with 48kHz and 96kHz sample rates
- 32-bit SHARC DSP processors ensure extensive DSP is always available
- Hot-plug software control
- Automatic DHCP network IP configuration
- Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz and Notched-Linkwitz filters
- Advanced automatic feedback suppression
- Euroblock connectors for audio, preset recall, DC remote level control and data
- Word clock input and output
- 4 dedicated remote controls for level, logic I/O and programmable functions
- Functions with third party control
- Input and output metering
- Multi-level security