The UHBX-SW3-S is a multi-input Switcher/Sender with HDBaseT™ output. The device accommodates 2 HDMI and 1 VGA inputs with audio. The HDMI 1 input also supports MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) with phone-charging feature to allow video presentation from a smart-phone using just a passive cable.
The VGA input also accepts YPbPr Component video. The sender can manually or automatically switch between the various inputs and extends the video using HDBaseT™ standard. To control the power on/off function of the remote display, the switcher can generate RS232, and IR control signals which are extended using the same Cat6 cable. Virtually all VGA and HDMI resolutions are supported including 4K (UHD). 4K video can be extended to 330 ft (100m) while 1080p signals can go as far as 500 ft (150m). The switcher is powered through the same cable from the receiver using PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT) standard, making installations as simple as possible. The UHBX-R-PSE receiver includes a small power supply and provides HDMI, RS-232 and IR outputs.
To ensure a proper image on the display, the switcher's VGA input is scaled to 1080p (user specifiable). This eliminates compatibility issues with various notebook or PC VGA formats that may not be displayable on an HDMI TV if not scaled to a standard HDTV resolution such as 1080p. The user can also configure the unit to pass-through 3.5 mm audio input from an MP3 audio player independent of the VGA signal.
The UHBX-SW3-S can manually or automatically control the power on/off function of the remote display. If a video is detected on the input, in automatic power mode, the switcher will issue the desired ON command, and if there is no video, it can issue an OFF command after a programmed delay. The power commands can be RS232, or IR based on the user's needs. To select the control method and to enter the commands, a USB port is provided on the surface mountable box for programming using Hall Research's free Windows® GUI software. In addition, the surface mountable box features an IR detector that can extend IR signal to the remote receiver. In this way, an IR remote can be pointed to the transmitter and its signal will be extended to the TV.
The UHBX-SW3-S complies fully with HDBaseT Alliance's design specifications and may be connected to displays or projectors with HDBaseT inputs without the external receiver. In that case, a PoH compliant power inserter would be needed to power the surface mountable box.
The UHBX-SW3-S is a culmination of Hall Research's expertise in high-definition analog and digital video scaling and extension technologies and is fully designed and manufactured in the USA.
- 3 inputs handle VGA, Component, HDMI (or DVI), and even MHL
- Supports phone charging feature if MHL source is detected
- VGA input is scaled to 1080p or user specified output resolution to ensure proper image
- Supports all HDMI resolutions including 4K (UHD)
- Can scale HDMI output resolution
- Uses only one Cat6
- Distance to 500 ft (150m) at 1080p, or 330 ft (100m) at 4K resolution
- Manual or automatic input selection
- IR Extension
- Can issue its own RS-232, or IR commands to turn display On or Off
- Display power control can be manual or automatic
- Switcher does not require separate power supply, powered using PoH through the same Cat6 cable
- USB port for configuration (including display power on/off control methodology)