The SW-HD-4 is a 4 input HDMI Switcher with InstaPort™ Technology from Silicon Image enabling fast switching of four HDMI sources to a single HDMI output. The switcher supports 4K (UHD), 3D, 36-bit Deep Color video. Control switching via front panel button, using IR remote control, RS-232 , Telnet and also web GUI built in the unit.
Full EDID control is provided, whereby you can decide individually the EDID content for each input. You can choose from a list of standard EDIDs or copy the EDID from the connected display to any input. This can be done using the web GUI or by sending RS-232 commands.
Auto switching with priority is another important feature of the switcher. In Auto mode, the SW-HD-4 scans all inputs and automatically selects the active input. Priority is based on position with 1 input having the highest priority (so if more than one input has video, in Auto mode, the input with lowest port number will be selected). Front panel buttons can be locked to prevent users from switching or changing modes.
The Switcher can also disable HDCP support for any input forcing the source to send unencrypted content when allowed (some sources add HDCP even if the content shown is not protected). When the input does not have HDCP, the output will not have HDCP. This is a useful feature for connecting the output to devices that do not support HDCP such as video conferencing gear.
The SW-HD-4 provides a USB type A port on the back for connection of USB flash devices for firmware upgrade. This USB connector provides 500 ma of power and can be used to power external devices such as Google’s Chromecast or Amazon’s Fire TV.
- Fast Switch technology reduces switching times to a couple of seconds
- Supports resolutions to 4K (UHD), 3D and deep color
- Front Panel Lock feature to prevent inadvertent switching
- Control via Front Panel, IR, RS232, Telnet and WebGUI
- Auto input mode switches to active input automatically
- EDID emulation or pass-through
- Front panel LED indicators for status monitoring
- Includes Remote Control
- HDMI 1.4, HDCP 1.1, and DVI 1.0 Compliant
- High Definition audio pass-through
- Compatible with Apple™ devices
- Supports HDMI Cable Locking
- USB port can power devices such as audio extractors or video players