This listing is for HPF-9000-N only. Use description below as a general reference.
The HPF-9000 is a 2RU high-density openGear® compatible modular frame offering 360 Watts of net (user) available power in a high-capacity 20-slot format. It uses the same form factor and DashBoard™ remote control as our other 20-slot frames and supports all openGear compatible cards and rear I/O modules, but offers significantly more available user power (3x the available user power of the 8321 frame). This make the HPF-9000 perfectly suited for high-density utilization with our Fusion3G®, Obsidian3G®, and other Cobalt® cards.
High power-density power supplies (single standard, redundant second optional) and engineered cooling/ventilation design allow 10 high-power cards in a frame (10 x 36 W = 360 W), or 20 medium-power cards in a frame (20 x 18 W = 360W). Separate forced-air cooling paths are provided for the card area and the power supply areas. An intelligent fan controller adjusts fan speed with changes in power supply loading and temperature.
The HPF-9000 uses the same rear I/O modules as our current 20-slot frames, allowing a seamless transition from a current 20-slot frame to the HPF-9000. These rear modules offer a broad selection for a flexible and wide array of interfaces such as BNC, twisted-pair audio, and fiber. Special high-density/high-ventilation rear I/O modules offer even greater packaging density when used with compatible Cobalt® cards.
The HPF-9000 can accommodate two front-loaded PSU-9000 power supply modules. Adding a second (optional) supply gives the frame full power redundancy. The PSU-9000 power supply unit is interchangeable as a primary or redundant power supply module, with supplies in either position being hot-swappable. Each power supply contains an independent cooling fan, status LED, and a front-mounted power switch. A Network Controller Card (furnished as standard on the HPF-9000 frame) allows Ethernet connectivity to any number of connections for full multi-point control and monitoring via free DashBoard™ software. Optional SNMP support, for large scale monitoring implementation, is also available.
- Our highest available power frame (360 Watts net) – 3x the available power of previous 20-slot frames
- Full openGear® compatibility supporting openGear-compatible cards as well as latest and legacy 20-slot frame openGear rear modules
- Two independent looping references internally routed to all user card slots
- Power supply is hot-swappable for 24/7 operation
- Power switch/supplies accessible from the front of the frame
- Separate power cords to each power supply for power redundancy
- Network Controller Card enables multiple copies of DashBoard™ for seamless remote setup, monitoring, and control. SNMP option can further be added.
- Fan status and error indicator LEDs on front of the frame
- Hinged, pull-away front door panel lowers to allow quick, easy card insertion
- Optional Frame Support Bracket kit provides frame rear support for mobile applications
- Remote control/monitoring via Ethernet using free DashBoard™ software, or optional OGCP-9000 remote control panel
- Five year warranty
HPF-9000-N - High-Power 20-Slot openGear® Frame - 2RU with fans, cover plates for unused slots. Includes one PSU-9000 Power Supply Module and HPF-FC Network Controller Card. (Network Controller Card allows multiple connection network control through DashBoard™ software or Cobalt OGCP-9000 Remote Control Panel.