The Wireless for HDMI 5 GHz SR (Short Range) Extender system sends high definition audio and video to any HDTV screen up to 33 feet (10 meters). It extends HDCP-compliant HDMI AV content from computers, game consoles, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, and other AV sources to a remotely located display. HD resolutions up to 1080p Full HD, 7.1-channels of LPCM digital audio, and 5.1 channels of Dolby® or DTS® formats are supported. This wireless system is comprised of a Sender and a Receiver unit. The small "Stick" Sender connects directly to an HDMI port, and can be powered either from a powered USB port or from the included power supply. It is ideal for high-definition AV extension in a conference room or home theater installation that requires occasional connection of portable devices such as a presentation laptop computer or a video camera. The Receiver unit connects to a display with an HDMI input, using the supplied HDMI cable. It can be attached to a standard ¼"-20 camera tripod mount, wall mounted using two keyhole slots, or be placed on a shelf. Thanks to its small-size, low-profile, and the included wired IR Extender module, it can be hidden away behind the display or inside an equipment cabinet if needed. Up to eight Sender units can be accessed by the Receiver, one at a time, using its handheld remote control. While the Wireless for HDMI 5 GHz SR Extender system can transmit through obstacles and does not require line-of-sight placement of its transceivers, it is optimized for shorter distances that are typical of in-room use. For longer range extension, use the Gefen EXT-WHD-1080P-LR.
- Wireless extension of HDMI up to 33 feet (10 meters) **
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p Full HD, up to 7.1 channels of LPCM digital audio, and up to 5.1 channels of Dolby® and DTS® formats
- Transmits through obstacles - does not require line-of-sight
- HDMI Features Supported
- 3DTV pass-through
- HDCP pass-through
- Lip Sync
- Uncompressed High Definition A/V from source to display
- Less than 1 frame latency
- AES 128 Encryption
- Compatible with legacy DVI displays
- Sender unit:
- Small "Stick" connects directly to HDMI port
- Powered from a USB port or included power supply
- Ideal for temporary connection of mobile devices, laptops, cameras, etc.
- Receiver unit:
- IR Extender module included for hidden installations
- Small and compact form factor - can be installed behind the TV
- Flexible mounting options: ¼"-20 thread, wall mounting, shelf placement
- Handheld IR remote for easy setup and operation
- Firmware update via Mini-USB port using Gefen Syner-G™ software
- WHDI 1.0, FCC Part 15, and ETSI-compliant
- Additional Sender units (EXT-WHD-1080P-SR-TX) available separately ***
** Obstructions such as walls and furniture, and RF interference could reduce reception distance. This product operates in the 5 GHz RF region, and features a specific number of channels. Other 5 GHz Transmitters including WiFi Routers may be occupying the same channels and may cause reception issues. See the User Manual for recommendations to help reduce interference.
*** Due to different transmission power levels, mixing of EXT-WHD-1080P-SR and EXT-WHD-1080P-LR Senders is not recommended. Furthermore, GTV-WHD-1080P-SR and GTV-WHD-1080P-LR Senders are not compatible with this product.