EQAM-420A (EdgeQAM – 420A) is designed to allow CATV operators to aggregate multiple SDTV/HDTV programs received in IP format and to deliver them over a standard coaxial distribution network.
The EQAM-420A is capable of accepting unencrypted (clear) 1000Base-T Ethernet (GbE) streams in one of the following two modes: Mode 1:
Up to thirty-two (32) MPEG-2/H.264 Single Program Transport Streams (SPTS) Mode 2:
Up to eight (8) MPEG-2/H.264 Multi Program Transport Streams (MPTS), each MPTS with maximum six (6) programs and not to exceed 38.8 Mbps.
The input streams are aggregated in up to eight (8) QAM RF channels in the 54-996 MHz range. The EQAM-420A can be configured with one (1) or two (2) QAM output modules, each capable of delivering four (4) adjoining QAM channels. Each QAM channel can contain up to four (4) programs.
The EQAM-420A allows the operator to maintain the QAM RF output unencrypted, or to encrypt it with Pro:Idiom™ against content piracy. To utilize the Pro:Idiom™ encryption feature, the input streams must meet the Pro:Idiom™ requirements. When Pro:Idiom™ encryption is activated, all QAM RF outputs will be encrypted regardless of the number of output modules present or the number of QAM RF channels assigned on each module.
Comprehensive remote monitoring and control is accomplished using any standard Web browser via a front-panel 10/100BaseT Ethernet connection. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Mode 1: Accepts up to thirty-two (32) MPEG-2/H.264 Single Program Transport Streams (SPTS)
- Mode 2: Accepts up to eight (8) MPEG-2/H.264 Multi Program Transport Streams (MPTS), each MPTS with maximum 6 programs and not to exceed 38.8 Mbps
- Configurable with one or two modules, each with four (4) adjacent QAM channels, for a total of eight (8) QAM channels
- Comprehensive GUI-based menu for remote monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
- User-selectable QAM 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256 modulation modes
- Provides a front-panel RF test point (at 20dB below primary QAM output)
- Provides SNMPv2 for product and network management
- Accepts variable and constant bitrate streams
- Provides Null packet insertion and deletion