Model: DVS-400S - 4-Port DVI-D Cat5/Cat6 Extender with Local DVI Output (EDID/DDC)
The DVS400 extending DVI splitter boosts the signal up to 220 feet to four displays and one local screen using CAT6 cabling while retaining perfect image quality at resolutions up to 1920 x 1200.
4-Port DVI-D CAT6 STP Extender. Includes: [DVS-TX400, (CCDVIMM06), & (PS5VD1A)]
DVS400 Extends Any DVI-D Signal up to 220 Feet to Four Displays and One Local Screen Using CAT6 Cabling While Retaining Perfect Image Quality at Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 SmartAVI, Inc.'s DVS400 allows you to extend a DVI-D signal to up to four displays via one small unit that also loops a signal back to your computer so local monitoring is possible and simple.
A great example would be a retail shop running its digital signage from a computer in its back office; using the DVS400, a media file or group of files could be broadcast to up to four screens situated around the store while also being viewed locally on that computer's monitor.
Quite simply, the outgoing DVI-D signal from your computer is plugged into the DVS400. This box has one input and four outputs, so that your signal can be sent up to 220 feet over inexpensive CAT6 cables to display screens anywhere in your retail shop, lounge, etc. In addition to the four outgoing signal ports, the unit also has a loop-back port that goes back to your computer, so that you may monitor exactly what is being broadcast to the remote screens. This is all done from a single unit with one power supply.
On power-up, the DVS400 reads and stores the EDID of the DVI monitor connected to the local loop-back port. From that point on, even if the local monitor is not attached to the unit, its DDC is retained in the flash memory of the DVS400 unit and it will operate as if the monitor were connected, offering unhindered use and simple flexibility.
- Local DVI output.
- Perfect Image Quality at all Resolutions
- Video Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz (1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz) on all distances to the maximum limit.
- Automatic DDC Learning From Local Monitor
- DDC Tables Stored in Flash Memory for Future Use
- Unit Operates Regardless of Local Monitor Connectivity
- Distances: up to 220 Feet via STP CAT5e or STP CAT6 Cable(Best Quality/Distance)
- Compatible With all Operating Systems
- Rack Mount Options(19"): Mount up to Four DVS400 Units in a 19"/1U Rack Mount Kit, Saving Expensive Rack Space
- MAC or PC Versions Available