The DD-BN2M is a complete wall-mounted Dante audio network interface. It
featurestwo XLR mic or line inputs on the front panels, plus two line outputs on a
rear-panel detachable terminal block. Special software is not required to configure
the DD-BN2M. Each XLR input provides three switches that may be set from the front
of the unit when the cover plate is not installed. One switch enables or disables
P48 phantom; the second switch selects the mic or line gain range; the third switch
sets the gain. Each rear-panel output provides a switch to set the output to
balanced professional or unbalanced consumer level. The DD-BN2M fits a standard US
dual-gang electrical box or an RDL WB-2 back box for installations in thinner
European or equivalent walls. The DD-BN2M is PoE powered, and is available in
multiple finishes with optional customized graphics.
The two XLR inputs are each converted to a separate Dante network transmit
channel. Three gain settings are switch-selectable for both the mic and line input
ranges to match condenser or dynamic mic levels and standard line levels.
Two Dante audio channels are converted to balanced line level on the rear-panel
detachable terminal block. Each output provides +4 dBu balanced for a network
digital audio level of -20 dBFS. Each output is equipped with a selector to
unbalance the audio and attenuate the level to -10 dBV. These switches are located
on the top of the chassis and are set by the installer prior to mounting the unit.
The rear-panel outputs are intended for connection to RDL AMS connectors mounted
in Decora-style plates that match the DD-BN2M. AMS audio connectors include RCA,
Mini and XLR jacks. The output plate may be located together with the DD-BN2M in a
triple gang box or may be mounted remotely in a single box.
Valid PoE power and synchronization to the Dante network are indicated by green
LEDs visible from the front of the unit.
The DD-BN2M is a professional grade product with discrete mic preamplifiers for
studio quality fidelity and low noise performance, coupled through metal XLR jacks
housed in a stainless steel chassis with dual powder-coated or stainless steel
Decora front plates.
The DD-BN2M’s superior performance specifications make it ideally suited to
the most demanding installations, and an exceptional value in commercial networked
audio systems. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured in the
U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Designed to outperform. Built
- Dante Network Interface for Two Audio Inputs and Two Audio Outputs
- Inputs on Front-Panel XLR Jacks; Outputs on Rear-Panel Terminal Block
- Converts Two Standard Mic or Line Audio Sources to Dante Network Channels
- Converts Two Dante Network Audio Signals to Line Level
- Special Software Not Required for Module Setup
- Each Input is Switch Selectable for Mic or Line
- Switch-Selectable Mic Gain: 40 dB, 48 dB or 62 dB
- Switch-Selectable 48 V Mic Phantom (P48)
- Switch-Selectable Line Gain: Unity, 12 dB or 19 dB
- Each Output is Switch Selectable for Balanced +4 dBu or Unbalanced -10 dBV
- Studio Quality, Low-Noise Performance
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance