Note: Inputs/outputs are a function in some cases of model. See rear panel illustrations for I/O complements offered.
< 18 Watts. Power supplied by 12VDC AC adapter, universal input.
SDI Video Inputs/Outputs
Up to (4) 75Ω BNC inputs
Up to (4) 75Ω BNC outputs (selectable as processed SDI IN or IN RCK)
(1) 75Ω A/B BNC output w/ relay protect (BBG-1002-UDX only)
SDI Formats Supported: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M
SDI Receive Cable Length: 3G/HD/SD: 120/180/320 m (Belden 1694A)
SDI Return Loss: >15 dB up to 1.485 GHz; >10 dB up to 2.970 GHz
SDI Alignment Jitter: 3G/HD/SD: < 0.3/0.2/0.2 UI
Minimum Latency (scaler and framesync disabled):
SD: 127 pixels; 9.4 us
720p: 330 pixels; 4.45 us
1080i: 271 pixels; 3.65 us
1080p: 361 pixels; 2.43 us
CVBS Video Inputs/Outputs (BBG-1002-UDX-AV-EMDE only)
(1) 75Ω BNC input
(1) 75Ω BNC output. CVBS can be upscaled to any supported SDI format; all SDI formats can be downconverted to CVBS.
Discrete Audio Inputs/Outputs (BBG-1002-UDX-AV-EMDE only)
(1) AES-3id 75Ω BNC input
(1) AES-3id 75Ω BNC output
(2) Balanced analog audio inputs
(2) Balanced analog audio outputs
I/O conforms to 0 dBFS = +24 dBu
Input Select/Auto-Changeover Failover
• Manual selection (forced) of any input via web GUI or front panel controls.
• Failover to alternate input on loss of target input. Failover invoked upon LOS and/or (with option +QC) user configurable parametric criteria such as black/frozen frame or audio silence.
- Black frame trigger configurable for black intensity threshold and persistence time.
- Frozen frame trigger configurable for frozen percentage difference and persistence time.
- Audio silence trigger configurable for dBFS floor threshold and persistence time.
• Relay bypass SDI IN B to RLY BYP B upon loss of power.
Burn-in and embedded video output timecode selected via user controls from input video SMPTE embedded timecode and/or audio LTC. Burn-in enable/disable user controls. Configurable for burn-in string of seconds, seconds:frames, seconds:frames:field. User controls for text size and H/V position.
(2) independent strings supported. Independent insertions controls for enable/disable and enable upon LOS. User controls for text size and H/V position.
Full crosspoint and gain/mute/invert controls across 16-ch embedded audio SDI processed path. Embedding from analog or AES sources to any embedded channels; de-embedding to AES or analog outputs. Multi-frequency tone generator for each audio output. Master delay control; range of -33 msec to +3000 msec.
HTML5 web server/interface via rear-panel 10/100/1000 Ethernet port.
Frame Reference Input
Looping 2-BNC connection. SMPTE 170M/318M “Black Burst”, SMPTE 274M/296M “Tri-Level”
Return Loss: >35 dB up to 5.75 MHz
Dimensions (WxHxD): 5.7 x 1.4 x 14.7 in (14.5 x 3.5 x 37.3 cm) Dimensions include connector projections.
Weight: 6 lb (2.8 kg)