The Atlona AT-UHD-SW-52ED is a 5×1 4K/UHD HDMI switcher with HDMI and HDBaseT outputs, balanced analog audio outputs, automatic input selection and automatic display control capability. The switcher supports 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 color, offers 3D pass-through, and 10.2 Gbps bandwidth.
In addition to an HDMI output, the switcher features a mirrored, Ethernet-enabled HDBaseT output. It transmits AV signals along with Ethernet, power, and control over a single cable to displays up to 330 feet (100 meters) from the switcher to PoE-powered HDBaseT receivers like the Atlona AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX, HDBaseT displays, or even another switcher. Control options for the switcher include automatic input selection, front-panel buttons, and compatibility with IR, RS-232, or TCP/IP-based control systems.
Automatic Display Control
The SW-52ED provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the SW-52ED can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected, whether locally to the switcher or over HDBaseT. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the SW-52ED forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The SW-52ED’s display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
A power button on the front panel can be used for manual on/off control of either the SW-52ED or the display. Front panel volume controls are also available to control the display’s internal audio, or another device with volume control, such as a DSP or another switcher.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The SW-52ED automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
Mirrored HDMI and HDBaseT Outputs
The SW-52ED adds 4K/UHD performance and extended distance HDBaseT transmission to Atlona’s HDMI small switcher family for a unique solution for professional integration applications. Internal HDBaseT and video distribution eliminate the need for additional system components while PoE eliminates the need for a power supply for the receiver. As an alternative, with an HDBaseT-capable display, an HDBaseT receiver isn’t required, reducing system complexity and saving integrators time and money.
Advanced features also include a web-based GUI for easy set-up and management of EDID, HDCP, and display control. The switcher offers audio de-embedding of PCM audio over HDMI to either S/PDIF or two-channel analog audio outputs. The switcher is a cost-effective product for professional integration featuring a compact, 1U, half-rack width enclosure that is easily installed with the included 19” rack mount brackets. Two units can be mounted side-by-side.
- Conference rooms and meeting rooms – The SW-52ED is compact and ideal for under-table mounting. It conveniently provides automatic switching and display control for simplified user operation, especially when laptops are brought into the system.
- Presentation spaces where two displays are needed – This switcher can be installed in a lectern to serve a confidence monitor, plus the primary display in a remote location.
(See this featured application as an example.)
Mirrored, dual outputs on HDMI and HDBaseT
- Supports dual display environments with local and extended distance 330 foot (100 meter) displays
- Eliminates cost associated with extra extension components; simplifies installation. HDMI output can be used with additional HDBaseT transmitter
- Compatible receiver:
AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX (100 meter with control)
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes projector power state based on active or standby mode of switcher. Control signals transmitted via CEC, IP, or RS-232
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems. Enables display and volume control directly or with AT-UHD-EX-100CE. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays
- Any product that has mirrored output with HDMI and HDBaseT will have CEC functionality through the HDBaseT output
Automatic input selection using hot plug detect and video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems
- Compatible with Ultra High Definition sources and displays
- Supports high-resolution applications such as CAD, desktop publishing, and detailed financial reporting
- Supports up to HDCP 1.4 (Does not support HDCP 2.2 devices)
AV, Ethernet, power and control over HDBaseT
- Delivers 4K/UHD video, audio, 100Base-T Ethernet, power and control through a single cable
- Eliminates multiple cable runs between source, control system router and display
IR, RS-232 and Ethernet HDBaseT insertion
- Adds internally-generated or externally-generated display control signals to the HDBaseT transmission
- Simplifies display control from third-party control systems
Power over Ethernet for remote-powered HDBaseT receivers
- Industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE supplied by the switcher over HDBaseT
- No local AC outlet required; saves time and integration costs
TCP/IP, RS-232, and IR control
- Flexible control options compatible with 3rd-party control systems
- Reduces integration time and costs
- Manages EDID communications between source and display; allows integrators to force sources to preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system; eliminates the need for EDID management device
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems while protected content is not transmitted
- HDCP compliance can be switched on/off from control systems for use with non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and codecs
Easy, GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of network settings, RS-232 settings, input switching, EDID, and HDCP management and audio
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a tablet, smart phone, or PC in the field
- Volume up and volume down button adjust output level to sound system
- Alternatively send RS-232 or TCP/IP commands to external control device
Volume setting indicator
- Displays volume level of the switcher
- Provides quick indication of level during setup
Balanced, line level output
- Reduces noise and requirement for external components
- Matches requirements of commercial sound systems
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS Digital Surround™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
- Allows any multi-channel audio stream to be used within a professional audio system
- Note: Only PCM sources are de-embedded and routed by the SW-52ED
Rack-mountable, 1U, half rack width enclosure
- Installs easily in rack-mounted systems with included 19” rack-mount brackets
- Simplifies installations; included hardware allows two units to be mounted side-by-side
Works with AMS
- This IP-controllable product can be remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
- Integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
- User guide, IR remote control, rack and surface mounting hardware, and external universal power supply
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence