The Atlona AT-HD-SC-500 is a 3×1 switcher and HD scaler with two HDMI inputs and a VGA input with audio. It is designed to take video signals from switchers, PCs, or laptops, and scale them to an HDMI output at a wide range of resolutions and rates, up to 1080p @ 60 Hz and 1920×1200. The HD-SC-500 can serve as the central component of a compact, automated AV system with the convenience of automatic input selection and display control. It enables input selection, volume, and display on/off control from the front panel or external RS-232 or TCP/IP commands. The HD-SC-500 incorporates many popular integration convenience features while delivering excellent value for classrooms, huddle rooms, and meeting spaces.
The HD-SC-500 offers advanced scaling capabilities including image adjustment capability, and an auto-set feature for matching incoming signals to the display’s native resolution. Integrated scaling helps optimize image quality and switching performance. This switcher and scaler also features audio de-embedding, and third-party TCP/IP and RS-232 control of the scaler and display.
Surface mounting brackets are provided with the HD-SC-500 for easy under-table, furniture, or on-wall installation.
Automatic Display Control
The HD-SC-500 provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the HD-SC-500 can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the HD-SC-500 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The HD-SC-500 display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
A power button on the front panel can be used for manual on/off control of either the HD-SC-500 or the display. Front panel volume controls are also available to control the display’s internal audio, or another device with volume control, such as a DSP or another switcher.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The HD-SC-500 automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
- Complete system applications – The HD-SC-500 provides a compact, yet comprehensive and cost-effective system integration solution with automatic input selection, display control capabilities, and essential audio processing.
- Expanding system capabilities – The HD-SC-500 can also be used as an input device on a switcher, matrix switcher, or distribution amplifier that doesn’t have a VGA input, and as a dedicated scaler for any device with an HDMI output.
3×1 HDMI and VGA video scaler
- Features two HDMI inputs plus a VGA input with 3.5mm audio connector
- Allows advanced HDMI display devices to be used with legacy VGA sources
HD video scaler with HDMI output and input resolution control
- Scales output video signals up to 1080p/60Hz and1920×1200; Choose preferred scaler input resolution from 800×600 to 1920×1200
- Assures compatibility of VGA and HDMI sources with the display
Automatic display control using CEC, TCP/IP, or RS-232 commands
- Automatically changes projector power state based on active or standby mode of scaler. Control signals transmitted via CEC, IP or RS-232.
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems. Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
Automatic input selection using video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems
Two HDMI inputs
- Digital inputs to support up to two HDMI sources or DisplayPort and DVI sources with appropriate adapters
- Ideal for a variety of digital sources including laptops, PCs, and cameras
One analog input on 15-pin HD connector
- Accepts RGBHV signals using common adaptors and break out cables
- Provides input options for legacy analog sources
TCP/IP and RS-232 control
- Flexible control options for compatibility with third-party control systems. RS-232 controlled from HDBaseT™ connection
- Reduces integration time and costs
- Manages EDID communications between source and switcher; allows integrators to force a source to a preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
- HDCP compliance can be disengaged through AMS, the web GUI, or a control system
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
Front panel input select button
- Overrides automatic input selection when two active sources are present
- Simple manual control allows presenter to maintain control of the image on screen
Front panel display on/off control
- Remotely controls display power state; provides alternate ‘Display Mute’ mode
- Eliminates need for manual operation of display or use of IR remote control
Front panel volume control
- Adjusts level of both embedded and de-embedded audio; provides ‘Mute’ mode
- Simplifies audio level settings for best sound
- De-embeds PCM audio from HDMI inputs to audio output
- Provides audio signal routing to sound system
Balanced audio output
- Professional, +4dBu audio is provided on a 5-pin captive screw connector
- Allows for fast integration with professional sound systems
Works with AMS
- This IP-controllable product can be remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
- Integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
- User guide, power supply, detachable power cable, captive screw connectors, and mounting brackets
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence