The all-new, multi-award winning Cobalt® 9970-QS 3G/HD/SD-SDI/CVBS Quint-Split Multi-Image Expandable Display Processor integrates five discrete 3G/HD/SD-SDI or CVBS inputs onto a single 3G/HD/SD-SDI quint-split output, with each input image being flexibly inserted into the output image area.
While the 9970-QS offers unprecedented flexibility, it also offers an unprecedented ease of use. Fully-flexible layouts using any of several one-button template presets or fully customizable layouts using easy to use sizing/positioning custom controls. Custom layouts can be saved to user presets. Any template layout or custom layout changes can be done "on-the-fly" in real time, without needing tedious setup compiler or layout programs like many other split/multiviewer products.
Multiple 9970-QS cards can be cascaded to provide splits greater than the base quint-split. The 9970-QS PIP5 input can be used in a cascaded chain of 9970-QS cards that provides multiviewer layouts of up to 8x8 (64:1). The QuickSet grid definer precisely and easily sets up a multiviewer grid where columns and rows of each of the cards PIPs are arranged to work together in a cascaded aggregate arrangement. Low-latency processing allows multiple 9970-QS cards to be cascaded without significant accumulated delays within the chain.
Advanced graphics such as user identify text, PiP input video format, audio meter bars, tally/UMD, reticules, and timecode can be burned into any PiP with full user attributes control. CEA 608 Ch1 text strings can serve as user text overlays, allowing direct closed captioning presence/quality compliance checks for up to 5 simultaneous video streams per card. User-configurable Quality Check allows subjective criteria such as black/frozen frame or audio silence events to propagate an on-screen alarm/alert to the output image (such as alert text burn-in or border alert highlighting).
A master output up-down-cross convert scaler provides scale-to HD or 3G SDI formats for the combined multiviewer output, which also includes an HDMI output (with audio embedding) to directly feed a wall monitor.
The openGear® card-based form factor of the 9970-QS provides scalable, easily integrated multi-image functions for the 20-slot frame form factor with easy to use DashBoard™ remote control. Each PiP input is provided its own independent timing alignment controls with lock to reference, allowing asynchronous inputs to be directly accommodated.
Full user DashBoard™ or Remote Control Panel remote control allows full status and control access locally or across a standard Ethernet network. Tally can be communicated by GPI, Ethernet, or serial interfaces.
- Scalable PiP solution. Single card provides up to 5:1 split, with up to ten 5:1 splits per frame
- Allows real-time "on the fly" custom layout changes without needing setup compiler or layout programs
- Easy to configure PiP sizing and borders. Advanced graphics include audio meters, character burn, and reticules. PiP sizing/splits using one-button templates or easy-to-use, intuitive DashBoard controls. Custom settings can be saved to user presets.
- Closed captioning overlays provide direct closed captioning presence/quality compliance checks for up to 5 simultaneous video streams per card
- Fully flexible input compatibility – mixed formats on inputs can be automatically sized and outputted in a combined output scaled to desired broadcast SD/HD/3G output format. Each input automatically detects and sets up for SDI or CVBS input. Supports asynchronous inputs using per-PiP ref lock. Per-PiP independent ARC settings and controls.
- openGear® card-based form factor provides easy and economical integration
- Wall-clock time burn-in on merged output or within PIPs. NTP sync via IP connection with timezone localization.
- Cascading Mode and QuickSet grid definer offers easy to set up scalable multiviewer functions (up to 64:1) using multiple cascaded (daisy-chained) 9970-QS cards. Two cards can provide an 8:1 multiviewer, with up to 16 cards providing a 64:1 multiviewer.
- Low-power/high-density design – less than 18 Watts per card
- Per-PIP audio meter, tally, user text, and timecode overlays. UMD text can be local user-entered or imported via router integration.
- GPI, Ethernet, and serial tally inputs provide dual, per-PiP tally indicators
- User quality criteria (such as frozen/black frame) alert/alarms can be propagated to output image with alarm text and border highlighting
- Audio routing directs selected PiP audio to combined-stream outputs. Audio downmixing also provided.
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI 2x DA and HDMI with audio embed outputs
- DashBoard™ remote control status monitoring and setup/control
- Five year warranty