The new for 2015 Cobalt® 9922-FS 3G/HD/SD-SDI Framesync with Audio/Video Processing, AES/Analog Audio Embedding/De-Embedding, CVBS I/O, and Dual-Channel Option (+2FS) offers frame sync, and advanced audio and ancillary data support, plus many other powerful features. Frame sync can select from multiple reference inputs, with failover to alternate selected sources. Full audio support includes per-channel audio delay. With software upgrade option+2FS, a second independent processing path can be added, offering two independent signal paths of framesync / audio embedding and de-embedding on a single open-Gear® card.
Advanced framesync features include per-channel audio delay, audio/video offset, and output rate conversion to and from 23.98/29.97/29.94 to 24/30/60 frame rates. Frame sync can select from multiple reference inputs, with failover to alternate selected sources. Each path can independently use either of two frame references or internal reference.
Audio embed adaptive SRC allows asynchronous 48 kHz AES audio to automatically sync with program video 48 kHz timing for glitch-free embedding. Individual, per-pair SRC auto-detects and disables SRC when a Dolby pair is detected on an input pair. Bulk and per-channel audio delay controls easily address lip-sync issues.
With option +ANC, the 9922-FS offers full VANC/HANC ancillary data packet de-embedding and embedding for 3G/HD/SD-SDI streams. The easy to use interface allows direct access to DID and SDID locations to extract or insert user data such as camera PTZ, SCTE 104, closed-captioning read/insert, GPI/GPO via ANC, or other specialized user payloads. Data can be extracted and inserted within the card, (Bridge mode), or inserted and/or extracted to and from external interface via serial or IP interfaces.
A convenient input crosspoint with RP168 clean switching can select from up to four SDI inputs. The input crosspoint allows manual selection of input via remote control or GPIO, or failover to alternate inputs on loss of input conditions. Two discrete character burn strings can be inserted on output video, with each string inserted as static text and/or insert only upon LOS. A moving-box insertion can be enabled to serve as a dynamic raster confidence check even when the input video image is static. Included standard is closed captioning absence/presence detection that allows CEA 608/708 and line 21 SD CC absence or presence to be detected.
Preset save/load allows saving custom card settings while allowing one-button revert to factory settings. Layered presets allow invoking changes related only to a specific area of concern (audio routing, for example) while not changing any other processing settings or aspects. Full user DashBoard™ or Remote Control Panel remote control allows full status and control access locally or across a standard Etherenet network. GPIO allows direct input routing control and status monitoring.
- Multi-input RP168 clean switch, with manual selection or GPI controlled input selection
- Closed-captioning absence detection
- Auto-Changeover can be set to invoke failover for basic input loss. Quality Check option (+QC) provides alert actions on criteria such as black/frozen frame, audio silence, and closed-captioning absence. Threshold and hold-off are user configurable.
- Moving-box/motion insertion enable serves as a dynamic raster confidence check even in cases where the input video image is static
- Dual independent burn-in text string insertion allows condition-based insertion (such as basic ID text for valid input and different text message for failover conditions)
- Framesync with full H/V offset and manual/LOS video pattern generator
- Timecode processing can prioritize, filter for, and convert between specific SMPTE embedded-video or audio LTC, with output/burn-in timecode using selected format
- Advanced audio processing allows routing, gain, delay, and flexible mixing as standard features
- Full audio crosspoint with delay control and 5.1-to-stereo downmix available for all audio outputs
- CVBS analog video I/O and analog/AES embed / de-embed available
- Pattern generator can provide raster/test pattern and patterns for LOS failover insertion
- Video options include color correction and keying
- Option +ANC adds full user VANC/HANC packet insertion/extraction access to DID/SDID ancillary data such as camera PTZ, SCTE 104, closed captioning, and other specialized user payloads. Multi-mode setup includes Bridge mode (card internal path with bypass bridging) or Insert/Extract modes for insert/extract to or from IP/serial external interfaces.
- Low-power/high-density design – less than 18 Watts per card
- Remote control/monitoring via Dashboard™ software or OGCP-9000 remote control panels
- Five year warranty