The Quantum Data 780C Multi-Interface Interoperability Tester is a handheld digital video generator and analyzer that enables you to run tests on various digital video devices and network distribution devices on site or in the R&D lab. The 780C instrument provides a 7 inch color touch screen for operation and for viewing status of outgoing and incoming video and audio. The 780C is equipped with multiple interface types including HDMI, HDBaseT, 3G-SDI and component analog. Testing digital interfaces is supported by both an output port and an input port to allow testing of digital video sources, displays, audio devices and distribution devices. Testing hybrid converter devices supporting 3G-SDI, HDMI, HDBaseT distribution networks is a key application of the 780C as well.
- HDMI Tx and Rx ports. The 780C can emulate an HDMI source or and HDMI sink operating up to pixel rates of 300MHz. This supports testing of 4K ultra high definition sources and sinks operating at 50/60Hz using HDMI 2.0 4:2:0 pixel encoding.
- HDBaseT Tx and Rx ports. The 780C can emulate an HDBaseT source or sink operating up to pixel rates of 300MHz. This supports testing of 4K ultra high definition sources and sinks operating at 50/60Hz using HDMI 2.0 4:2:0 pixel encoding. The HDBaseT interfaces or invaluable for testing A/V distribution gear with HDBaseT and HDMI interfaces.
- 3G-SDI Tx and Rx ports. The 780C can emulate an 3G-SDI source or sink operating up to data rates of 2.97bps. This supports testing of 3G-SDI sources and sinks as well as hybrid conversion SDI conversion devices. The 3G-SDI interfaces are invaluable for testing incoming 3G-SDI video streams and for testing 3G-SDI monitors.
- Analog Component video. Send video patterns to test RGB and component YPbPr on computer and other video displays. Use a variety of test patterns and CEA and VESA timings.
You can use the 780C as a pattern generator for calibrating your high definition TVs. The 780Cs are equipped with a variety of standard patterns and formats including deep color and HDMI 3D formats.
Because the 780C instrument has both HDMI/HDBaseT output and HDMI/HDBaseT input ports, you can test your HDMI/HDBaseT cables and systems with splitters, extenders and switches even when already installed on site using the Frame Compare feature.
The 780C can also be equipped with the optional Auxiliary Channel Analyzer (ACA) utility for monitoring the HDMI or HDBaseT DDC (HDCP and EDID) transactions and hot plug events. The ACA option enables you to monitor the DDC either while emulating an HDMI or HDBaseT source and/or sink or passively monitoring the HDMI DDC, hot plug events and CEC messages between an HDMI source and sink.
The 780Cs' portability makes them ideal for your bench and for use in the field. A color touch display makes the 780C easy and convenient to use and when testing a source device you can view the incoming video image and metadata on the built-in LCD.
| Standard Features (included with all options) |
- Portable form factor. Device is handheld and portable but is not battery powered. It is powered through an AC adapter.
- Video pattern testing. Test a display's HDMI and analog component inputs with all the necessary standard timings to ensure that it can render video test patterns including deep color and HDMI 3D patterns. Over 25 video patterns supported. Add custom bitmaps. Create your own custom formats. Scroll bitmap patterns to test for motion artifacts.
- HDMI audio testing. Send audio patterns, tones & noise through HDMI, SPDIF or Optical digital audio outputs including over HDMI 1.4 ARC channel for 780A. Program audio parameters such as sampling rate, bit depth and channels. Use a variety of audio formats including LPCM, Dolby, DTS and high bit rate audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio.
- HDMI analyzer for sources. Emulate a known-good HDMI sink device to analyze HDMI video and audio content from an HDMI source device with HDCP content protection. View the incoming video images and metadata from an HDMI source device on the LCD display even when content is protected with HDCP.
- Installer Test Utility. Quickly diagnose HDMI interoperability problems through an automated and simplified interface. Run tests upstream toward the source, downstream toward the sink or test both upstream and downstream simultaneously with the "Link" test. The utility also enables you to test on both sides of a repeater.
- Verify HDCP on repeaters and displays. Send HDCP encrypted video content to a downstream repeater (e.g. AVR) and/or sink (e.g. DTV). Check the authentication response from the sink.
- Check Max HDCP HDMI devices. Check the number of HDCP devices an HDMI source supports during HDCP authentication.
- Verify video timing. Verify the timing of an HDMI source. Compare against a known-good timing.
- Verify video type. Verify the video type of an HDMI source. View AVI infoframe content.
- Identify EDID problems. Run verification tests on the EDID of a sink device such as an HDTV or input of a repeater device. View the entire contents of the EDID of the sink device. Run portions of the EDID compliance test. Compare two EDIDS.
- Verify an HDMI source's response to an EDID. Emulate the EDID of any HDMI sink device to verify that an HDMI source device responds properly to it. Store and retrieve multiple EDIDs for use in testing.
- Verify audio data. Read the audio infoframes and audio sample packet headers including channel status bits from a connected HDMI source.
- Check for CEC devices. Poll an HDMI installation for CEC devices.
| || HDMI Cable & Link Test Option |
- Verify HDMI and HDBaseT (Cat5/6) cables. Run tests on HDMI or HDBaseT cables. Test for pixel errors on multiple formats (resolutions) on the TMDS video and check continuity on the 5 volt, hot plug and DDC lines.
- Prequalify HDMI and HDBaseT networks (prior to installation) with Repeater Test. Verify HDMI networks comprised of cables, audio/video processors, extenders, switches, repeaters, etc. prior to installation. Test for pixel errors on multiple formats (resolutions) on the TMDS video and check continuity on the 5 volt, hot plug and DDC lines.
- Test HDMI/HDBaseT networks (once installed) with Frame Compare test. Verify HDMI/HDBaseT networks comprised of cables, audio/video processors, extenders, switches, repeaters, etc. once installed. Test for pixel errors on the TMDS video.
- Specify a set of EDIDs for Testing. Specify a set of EDIDs to emulate in the 780C HDMI or HDBaseT input port. These can be commercial EDIDs, EDIDs from Quantum Data EDID Library, custom EDIDs created using Quantum Data EDID Editor utility or known-bad "Test" EDIDs.
- Verify Source Device Handling of EDIDs.Test verifies the incoming video type, timing, colorimetry, samplying and Video Identification Code and flags improper handling.
- Auto EDID Test Report. A text report can be generated to allow sharing the results with colleagues or for later viewing.
| || HDMI Auxiliary Channel Analyzer (ACA) option |
- Monitoring of HDMI/HDBaseT DDC transactions, hot plug events and HDMI CEC messages.Monitor the HDMI/HDBaseT HDCP and EDID transactions on the DDC and hot plug related events while the 780 is emulating a known-good source device, a known-good display device or both. Monitor the HDMI HDCP and EDID transactions on the DDC, monitor hot plug related events and HDMI CEC messages while the 780C is passively monitoring between an HDMI source and sink device.
| || Custom Bitmap Test Pattern Pack Options |
- China Res Test Pattern Package - The ChinaRes test pattern is specified by the National Testing and Inspection Center for Radio and TV Products of China. The image pack includes both a standard definition aspect ratio (shown right) and a high definition aspect ratio. This test pattern is supported at: 1920x1080, 1280x720, 720x576 and 720x480 resolutions.
- THX, LTD. Test Pattern Package - The THX test patterns enable A/V professionals to calibrate the displays on high-end 3D-capable HDTVs to match the same standards as those used in post-production facilities worldwide. Below are some of the THX test patterns included: • 3D convergence – test patterns to align pixels for proper convergence • 3D crosstalk – test patterns to determine level of 3D crosstalk • Color gamut – 2D/3D primary & secondary color patterns to fine-tune colors & gamma • Picture performance – pattern within THX Optimizer to verify accuracy of skin tones • THX box – 2D/3D grayscale test patterns to accurately adjust white point and gamma • THX Optimizer – test patterns to easily adjust brightness, contrast, color, tint, etc. • Uniformity – 2D/3D circle patterns to determine luminance & chrominance screen uniformity
- Imaging Science Foundation (ISF). Test Pattern Package - The ISF test patterns enable A/V professionals to calibrate the displays on modern high-end HDTVs. Below are some of the ISF test patterns included: • Geometry – for testing geometry and resolution parameters • White Pluge – for calibrating white level for dynamic range • Black Pluge - for calibrating black level for dynamic range • Red-Blue Color Multiburst - measures chroma resolution by identifying the maximum frequency individual lines can be discerned